Sunday, April 14, 2024

I Cry at Weddings

 It's a beautiful third Sunday of Easter and today's Mass was one of those times when the Truth of what we have been given just comes pouring in.

I had been praying with the Gospel this morning, and the thing that most leapt out to me was what Jesus said about how all the things that were written about Him in Scripture, in the Law and the Prophets and the Psalms had been fulfilled, and, starting with the Apostles, we, the Church are witnesses to this.

Then, during Mass I was thinking about how the Mass is always a wedding feast, and we are not just witnesses, we are the Bride! When Fr says, "this is my Body" It is the Bridegroom speaking to the Bride. Heaven is coming to us and we receive Its kiss. The Father says, "you may kiss the Bride"

When we are called to receive Him, to come forward to the altar, it is our Bridegroom is waiting. He comes to us, in the Body, and we are held and loved in a Heavenly embrace. 

So yeah, I frequently cry at Mass, because crying at weddings is what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment